Solar Suitability Analysis
Using ArcMap to analyze raster elevation data for optimal locations for a new solar array in Warren County, NJ.
- Began by deciding on a range of slope and aspect values, and which land use types would best suit a new solar array.
- Calculated slope and aspect values with the elevation data, and added land use type data.
- With raster calculator, reclassified acceptable areas to 1 and unacceptable areas to 0.
- Used Region Group tool to group acceptable areas into contiguous clusters.
- Analyzed the cluster output with Zonal Statistics and Zonal Geometry to derive data on potential solar energy and land size.